EPOA AGM 2019
EPOA Annual General Meeting 2019
Bilbao · Host City
PROGRAM at Euskalduna Palace – September 19
08:30 Collection of accreditations
09:00 Institutional Inauguration
09:15 Inaugural presentation:
Amaranta Gómez Regalado. (Mexico)
Muxe indigenous activist. Social Anthropologist
10:00 LGBTIQ rights in the world.
10:00 Frank Mugisha. Executive Director of Sexual Minorities Uganda.
Renné Cassin Award
10:30 Magdalena Dropek.
Co-organizer of the Queer May Festival and board of Equality.org.pl
11:00 Presentation of local experiences.
- Presentation of the EMIDIS Study.
- Mané Fernandez. Vice President of the State Federation of LGBT Associations.
- Miaketak Project – LGTBI, interculturality and rights
- Aritz Resins Ruiz. Xelebreak representative
- Sexual affective diversity in the Security Forces
- Iñaki Viñuela. Euskadi representative of Gaylespol.
11:30 Coffee Break
11.55 LGBTIQ rights in work environments
12:00 Oscar Muñoz Hernández. Co-director of REDI – Business Network for LGTBI Diversity and
Inclusion – and Founder of mpatika
12.30 Juan Pablo Juliá.
President of Axel Hotels
13:00 Presentation of local experiences
- Situation of LGTBIphobia at work
- Toño Abad. Head of the Confederal Area LGBTI-UGT.
- LA SALVE, the commitment of local brands
- Eduardo Saiz Lekue. Director of beers "La Salve"
- Asier Zabarte. Alzola Basque Water representative
13.30 Workshop with keynote speakers
Social Program for attendees
[Prior registration. Limited places]
19:30 Pintxo pote by the Casco Viejo
Within the framework of the Atlantic Conference, projects, experiences and any initiative that helps to know and better understand the reality of LGBTI people will be made visible. For this, in addition, of the main presentations, there will be room for brief presentations that allow knowing other situations in a shorter and more direct way, such as the PITCHING format.
These presentations will be made after the presentation of the main presentations. They will be 3 or 4 presentations and should be framed in one of the following two axes:
- Situation of the human rights of LGBTI people.
- Good practices to encourage the inclusion of LGBTI people in the company.
For the presentation of each proposal, it will be necessary to register it according to the form shown below. The proposal must be submitted in PDF format and may not exceed three pages in length.
Project submission form
Bilbao is ready – Reasons to choose Bilbao as the host city for the 2019 AGM
Full bid document
We are happy to answer your questions – Contact us